There are very few people in the world who don’t like avocado, and the only benefit of knowing people who don’t love this creamy, green delight of a fruit is that there is more for you!
Guacamole, is obviously a firm favourite for most avocado lovers. It is amazing on basically everything ranging from Mexican tacos, toast, nachos to roast veg. My guacamole recipe has been evolving over time. A friend from Texas gave a few pointers (cayenne pepper and white pepper) and I adjusted it according to my tastes (limes juice definitely over lemon juice or other vinegars).
I prefer my guacamole slightly chunky, with some larger pieces of avo. I also make it in a pestle and mortar, something I saw at a restaurant in the winelands. Although my photos show the opposite, add you the salt, coriander, cayenne, lime, spring onions and white pepper to the pestle and mortar first. Give it a bash to release all the delicious flavours, then add the avo and mash it to the texture of your liking.
It is so SO delicious and, of course, super healthy! I basically just eat it straight out the bowl. Give it a try!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- good pinch of white pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- In a pestle and mortar (or bowl), add all the ingredients apart from the avo
- Give it a few bashes to bruise the coriander and spring onions and release all the flavours
- Add the avo and mash until your desired consistency
- Check the seasoning and try not eat right away!