On Sunday, it was an absolute of a pearler of a day. The sun was shining, it was actually hot and the braai was out. Doug and I prepared a delicious peri-peri chicken for my family for a late Sunday lunch. Watch this space – the recipe will come soon! So delicious.
To compliment the spicy, smokey main, I wanted to have a crunchy, cool and fresh side. The sugar snaps are the perfect crunch, complimented by the cool and soft mozzarella. Top with avo and radishes and a drizzle of lemon and olive oil, you have the perfect summer salad (in winter haha). The salad went down a treat with the chicken, and my brothers even threw out a compliment!
Sugar Snap Pea, Radish and Mozzarella Salad
Serves 4-6 as a side
- 500g sugar snap peas
- 80g radishes, thinly sliced
- Handful of micro-leaves
- 1 mozzarella ball
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a salad bowl or serving dish, place the sugar snap peas
- Top with the sliced radishes, micro-leaves and avocado
- Tear the mozzarella ball into pieces, and place around the salad
- To finish, squeeze the lemon juice over the salad, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper