One of my favourite things to eat is fish. Apart from a fish curry, I like my fish simple and uncomplicated, coupled with a light fresh sauce and maybe a simple salad on the side. Nothing fancy.
However fish can be a bit pricey. Especially salmon, flip salmon is super expensive! However, trout is a lot more affordable and just as tasty. Grilled skin-side done to give it delicious crispy skin, just cooked through and amazingly soft, honestly it can’t get much better. Expect if you add a Dill and Caper Dressing freshened up with a bit of lemon juice, coupled with a few new potatoes and a radish and watercress salad.
AMAZING! This is such a simple and quick meal to make either as a healthy weekday meal or for a dinner party. Everything can be prepared and the fish can be cooked last minutes (it takes like 2 minutes) and the salad dressed. Any guest will be impressed if you serve this.
Pan-fried Trout with Dill and Caper Dressing
- 500g trout (deboned and filleted, I have also used slightly smoked trout and that works well as well)
- 3 Tbsp, finely chopped dill
- 8-10 finely chopped caper berries
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3/4 cup yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the yoghurt, capers, dill and lemon in a bowl and season
- Cut the trout into 4 portions and season the skin
- Put the oil and butter in a pan on high heat
- Cook the trout skin side for 2 minutes until crispy
- Turn over and cook for another minute before removing from the pan
- Serve with boiled new potatoes and a watercress and radish salad dressed with lemon juice