I am sure there are many people out there, like me, who hate doing the dishes. So, if you are short on time in the evening there is nothing better than a one-pot dinner. Especially one that doesn’t require lots of prep, chopping and mixing. Coconut Milk Poached Chicken is the perfect one-pot dinner. Full on flavour, quick, easy, healthy and hardly any dishes! How good does that sound?
I got inspiration from the Woolworths Taste Magazine. The poaching liquid was originally a dressing for a noodle and vegetable salad but I have had poached chicken on my mind for a while so adapted it to work with this dish. It turned out even better than I could have hoped.
The chicken stays deliciously moist when you poach it and the veg add a lovely crunch to the delicious creamy and coconuty sauce. I added sugar snap peas and tenderstem broccoli at the end for some healthy green veg but you can add anything you fancy – baby corn, panty pans, courgettes, peppers…I could go on for ever! Added bonus: it tastes great the next day for lunch!
Poached Chicken in Coconut Milk
Adapted from Woolworths Taste Magazine, March 2015
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 3cm ginger, grated
- 4 chicken fillets
- 50g sugar snap peas and 100g tenderstem broccoli (but add veg you like)
- 200g egg noodles, cooked according to instructions on packaging
- In a pot on medium heat add the coconut milk, chilli flakes, fish sauce, soya sauce, garlic and ginger
- Bring to a simmer, add the chicken fillets and cover
- Cooked for 12-15 mins or until cooked through
- A few minutes before the chicken is cooked add the veg
- Slice the chicken, and serve on the egg noodles with the coconut milk poaching liquid