So when this post gets uploaded on to Pinch of Salt I will be somewhere in the sky between Durban, South Africa and Geneva, Switzerland. I am going skiing in Val Thorens, France for a week then Paris for 3 days! I am so super excited, although the max temperature while I am there is like -3 C! Despite the freezing cold I can’t wait for a week of skiing and of course eating!
This post is a continuation of the Red Wine Braised Brisket recipe. I served this carrots with the brisket and the sweetness of the carrots combined with the cumins makes it a great side to the delicious and soft brisket. I used baby rainbow carrots from Woolworths because the different colours are so beautiful and adds such a pop to the entire dish. This is such an easy and quick side to make with any dish!
Serves 4 (double the recipe to serve 8)
- 200g baby carrots, peeled
- 2.5 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 Tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to season
- Place a pan on medium heat with the butter
- When the butter has melted add the carrots and cumin. Make sure the carrots are evenly coat in the cumin
- Cook the carrots for about 7 minutes until beautifully caramelised and starting to get soft
- Take off the heat and serve as a side (try with Red Wine Braised Brisket)